Built on the la Cumbre Cerro Pui Pinos hill top, the 12th-13th Century castle-convent was converted to the seat of the Order of Calatrava in 1179. The Parador, which dominates the Maestrazgo landscape, has preserved the Tower of Homage, the belfry-sacristy, and the section converted into an Aragonese Palace in the 18th Century. The interior features gothic murals, a Plateresque sepulchre and baroque façade decorated with red, ochre and green shades as well as oak beams. There is also a peaceful garden area. The hotel provides a large number of excursions and adventure sports activities.
Parador de Alcaniz
|Address||Castillo Calatravos SN|
|Number of rooms||37|
|Phone number||34 (978) 830400|
|Fax number||34 (978) 830366|